How to find an experienced window contractor
- References- In many ways, this is the best method of choosing the right window contractor in Renton WA. When you contact the company, ask for a minimum of 3 references and preferably get a phone number for these people.
- Call each of them and ask clear and simple questions relating to the contractor’s performance, what these clients felt about his work ethics, workmanship, adherence to schedules and cost-effectiveness. Ask them about how the window installations are performing in the current day too.
- Photographs – It’s important that you hire the services of a contractor whose work suits your requirement. This can include looking at photographs or even links to sites of any commercial establishments that have used their services. This will help you ascertain whether you like the look of the final product.
- Interview the Contractor – Before you actually hire the window contractor in Renton WA have a detailed discussion with them. Discuss points such as their experience in the industry and other background information about the company.
- Response & Professionalism – This is another vital factor. When you first call a company with your requirement, ascertain how responsive and proactive they are with attending to you. Do they come to your home at the pre-decided date and time and do they make an effort to provide you with all the information about different styles of latest windows? A person who is professional will typically also be thorough and will ensure that the work gets completed to your satisfaction.
- Check the Contractor’s License – Before you hire the window contractor in Renton WA and start with the work, check whether a permit is required for the window installation or replacement work, in your local jurisdiction. If it is, ensure that the contractor is registered and has the license for the work.
Request the license number and then check to see if there are any past/current complaints against that company. It’s also a good idea to check whether he is insured and that the policy is up-to-date.
Make the Right Choice
It’s true that these steps may seem a little cumbersome, but they will help you save a lot of time, trouble and money in the long term. This extra research that you conduct at the outset before starting on your window replacement project will prevent you from making a poor investment choice.
Regardless of how good the quality of the windows is, if your contractor’s workmanship is poor, it can mar the look of your home and burn a hole in your pocket. For a high quality, vetted and experienced window contractor in Renton WA, call Window Strong at (206) 914-7075. You can also send us your queries, concerns or suggestions via this online form on our website.